Ilya Morozova, also known as Sankt Ilya in Chains, was the father of Baghra and the grandfather of The Darkling and Ulla. He was obsessed with creating Amplifiers and was one of the first and most powerful Grisha.
Morozova had a wife and two children. His unnamed wife was an Otkazat'sya. The couple first produced Baghra and then a seemingly normal child. Alina Starkov speculates that Morozova's second daughter may have also been Grisha, but hid her power and somehow survived.
Morozova's martyrdom happened when he brought his second daughter back to life after Baghra killed her using the Cut. The villagers wrapped him and his daughter in irons and threw them off a bridge into the water, their chains pulling them below.
His daughter survived was later revealed to be the third amplifier - the result of her being brought back to life. and went on to mother a line of descendants- the last of her bloodline is Malyen Oretsev.
- The Lives of Saints
- Shadow and Bone (mentioned only)
- Siege and Storm (mentioned only)
- Ruin and Rising (mentioned only)
- King of Scars (mentioned only)
- Rule of Wolves (mentioned only)
- Ilya is the Russian form of the name "Elijah", meaning "my God is YAHWEH".