The hub of all international trade, Kerch relies on sea transport and its own neutrality in world affairs to maintain its position in the global economy.
Kerch is also home to a teeming criminal underworld centered in the capital city of Ketterdam. Although slavery is illegal in Kerch, Grisha and others are often bound to wealthy merchants as indentures under terms that amount to slavery.
The Kerch government is represented by three flying fish, which are printed on Kerch money, incorporated into architecture, and flown on ships alongside trading company flags. The national color is purple.
Notable locations Edit
- Ketterdam - capital city
- Terrenjel - where the prison Hellgate is located
- Kerch was inspired by the Dutch Republic of the 18th century, with some influence from New York (New Amsterdam), Las Vegas, and Victorian London.
- The Kerch worship Ghezen, the god of industry and commerce.
- ↑ http://grishaverse.com/
- ↑ Leigh Bardugo on Re-Entering the Grishaverse in Six of Crows – September 28, 2015