Premise[edit | edit source]
Before he ruled Ravka, before he was The Darkling, he was just a lonely boy with an extraordinary gift. In this prequel story to the New York Times-bestselling Grisha Trilogy, Leigh Bardugo takes us into Ravka's mysterious past, when Grisha lived as fugitives and the Darkling took his first steps on the path to power.
Characters[edit | edit source]
- Eryk / Arkady (The Darkling)
- Lena (Baghra)
- The Ulle
- Annika, a young Tidemaker
- Sylvi, an assumed otkazat'sya, Annika's sister
- Lev, a young Squaller and the Ulle's son
Trivia[edit | edit source]
- The Darkling is mostly referred to as Eryk in this story.