Summary[edit | edit source]
Before he ruled Ravka, before he was the Darkling, he was just a lonely boy with an extraordinary gift. In this prequel story to the Grisha Trilogy, Leigh Bardugo takes us into Ravka's mysterious past, when Grisha lived as fugitives and the Darkling took his first steps on the path to power.
Characters[edit | edit source]
- Eryk / Arkady (The Darkling)
- Lena (Baghra)
- The Ulle
- Annika, a young Tidemaker
- Sylvi, an assumed otkazat'sya and Annika's sister
- Lev, a young Squaller and the Ulle's son
Trivia[edit | edit source]
- The Darkling is mostly referred to as Eryk in this story.