The people of the Wandering Isle are typically redheaded and pale-skinned.
- Main article: Kaelish language
Behind the scenes
- The Wandering Isle is based on Ireland.
- The Kaelish people believe Grisha blood to be a cure-all, so they kill Grisha in order to drink their blood.
- The nation is often left fairly blank on maps, with only Leflin appearing on some. However, several locations are mentioned in Six of Crows.
- The Wandering Isle has a ruling marshal, a military chief commander, indicating that the Wandering Isle may be a stratocracy or a military junta/dictatorship.